WFRN Global South Travel Award
To maximize geographic diversity within the Global South, the WFRN Global South Travel Award is intended to help scholars from economically-disadvantaged locales secure financial support to attend the WFRN’s biennial conference. Awards include a regular membership ($215) and conference registration ($359), as well as reimbursement of $500 for travel expenses incurred (which can include hotels, food, flights, ground transportation, and visa fees).
Selection of award recipients will be based upon applicant’s alignment of research program with work-family scholarship (with the goal of building lifelong members in WFRN) and individual financial need.
Eligible applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
- Has an active scholarly program that focuses on work-family concerns
- Has submitted a session, paper, poster or roundtable to the biennial conference
- Resides and works in an economically disadvantaged country
- Demonstrates financial need that would inhibit conference attendance
Awards recipients will be selected on the basis of
- Demonstrated commitment to work-family scholarship
- Maximizing geographic diversity with support to scholars from the Global South
Conference registration and membership fees will be funded or refunded prior to the conference. Travel expenses will be reimbursed after the conference by submitting receipts and verification of attendance to the WFRN Executive Office.
Through the generous donations of members and sponsors, the WFRN anticipates awarding 4 or more travel awards in 2024. Application deadline is January 15, 2024 and award recipients will be notified by February 15, 2024. Award recipients are selected by the WFRN’s International Committee.
To apply for the award, please click this link: