Provide statistical description of patterns and trends in the average work week of US employees.
- Click on the document at the end of this entry to view and/or download the PowerPoint slides containing graphs.
- Show the class the graphs.
- Encourage students to articulate the trends.
- Discuss factors that might have influenced the changes in the average length of men’s and women’s work week.
- What do they think will happen to the length of the average work week in the future? Why?
Content contributed by Marcie Pitt-Catsouphes as a Suggested Work and Family Class Activity for the Sloan Networks’ Resources for Teaching section.