Fair Labor Standards Act: Drafting a Proposal for Compensatory Time under the FLSA
To conduct a critical analysis of the existing provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act
- Log onto the website for the Department of Labor. Locate the page for the FLSA document; or download the statute directly from: https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/hrg.htm
- Select one or more provisions of the legislation.
- Consider the positive and negative consequences of the provision for different types of employers (e.g., workplaces of different sizes, business in different industries, etc.).
- Consider the positive and negative consequences of the provision for different types of employees (e.g., employees holding different types of positions, employees with different types of family responsibilities).
- Propose at least one change in the FLSA to reflect your analysis.
Content contributed by Carol Nowicki, as a Suggested Work and Family Class Activity