Submissions are now open for the June 2024 Work and Family Researchers Network Conference in Montreal
Submissions will close November 1, 2023
The 2024 conference theme is Big Questions in Work-Family, which will be part of a two-year agenda. These are the cutting-edge global questions that are not yet fully answered or recognized, including:
- CHANGES IN WORK – What are the meanings of work at different life stages, for different groups, and in different kinds of jobs? How is work organized? What is the future of work and for whom?
- CHANGES IN FAMILY LIFE – How are families and family experiences changing around the globe and what changes might we expect? For example, fertility rates are declining in high-income countries and there are reports of an epidemic of loneliness. What other changes are evident and what are the implications?
- CHANGES IN WORK-LIFE INTERFACE: What theories, concepts, and measures best explain new and emerging intersections between work and family?
- THE LIFE COURSE – How do changes in work and family impact children and their capacities to enter adult roles, for adults to successfully navigate transitions, and for older populations to age well?
- SOLUTIONS AND PROMISING PRACTICES – What are the most promising solutions in policy and practice in the global north and south? What are the challenges and best opportunities for advancing equity and social justice?
The conference’s objective is to chart an agenda for the future of work-family research, policy and practice. In addition to sharing new research and seeking answers to big questions, this will be a working conference, fostering active participation and connectivity among diverse groups. We anticipate more than 500 work-family stakeholders in attendance and a dynamic program centered on meaningful exchange. There will be numerous events to connect a global community of scholars with thought leaders in media, philanthropy, practice, policy, and social change.
To prepare your submission, you will need:
- Paper or session title
- Author names and email addresses
- Abstract (250 words maximum)
You will be asked to identify:
- Your submission format
- paper presentation
- poster presentation
- combined papers session (organized by you and with you serving as the contact person for other presenters)
- Author-meets readers session (organized by you and with you serving as the contact person for other presenters)
- Workshop session (organized by you and with you serving as the contact person for other presenters)
- The stream that you would like to see your paper or session fitted into
- changes in work
- changes in family life
- changes in work-life interface
- the life course
- solutions and promising practices
- Topical areas that best capture the focus of your submission
Upon completion of your submission, you will immediately receive an email confirmation. If you do not receive the confirmation, please check your junk/clutter folders. If you experience any difficulties, please contact the Executive Office at email@example.com.
We anticipate that all submissions that fit the conference theme will be accepted. However, owing to room capacity limitations, some paper or session submissions may potentially be reclassified as roundtables or poster presentations.
WE HAVE BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VISAS FROM SOME COUNTRIES CAN TAKE A VERY LONG TIME TO PROCESS. IF YOU NEED A VISA, PLEASE APPLY IMMEDIATELY.
CITIZENS OF THE UNITED STATES DO NOT NEED A VISA BUT THEY NEED TO TRAVEL WITH A VALID PASSPORT. CHECK YOUR PASSPORT EXPIRATION DATE.