For over twenty years, the Work and Family Researchers Network has brought together researchers, employers, policy advocates, educators, and work-life practitioners to develop and distribute knowledge on the complex ties among jobs, caregiving, and social policy. A key goal of WFRN is to improve the empirical foundation on which policies and practices are developed and implemented – around the world. We invite you to join us in this effort by becoming a member of the WFRN. We have lower rates for emeriti and students, as well as grants for scholars in need.
This year is especially important for the WFRN. In the past, WFRN has been organized around a biennial in-person conference, augmented by resources for members on the WFRN website. Although we still plan to hold in-person conferences bi-annually, we are transforming WFRN into a year-round community by offering opportunities to share knowledge and ideas throughout the year, every year. We will use membership revenues to support the virtual events, disseminate work-family scholarship, prepare the June 23-25, 2022 in-person conference in New York City, and support the next generation of work-family scholars.
As a member, the WFRN will work to advance your interests. Some of the benefits of membership include:
- Engagement with the international community of work-family scholars and practitioners
- Participation in our virtual conference series (VCS) events
- Weekly news and events feed to your email
- Updates on the latest publications in work-family via the Research Feed
- Opportunity to join and lead knowledge communities and special interest groups
- Opportunity to lead WFRN initiatives, including new positions as content development leaders
- Opportunity to join our Experts Panel, increasing your visibility, prospects for media engagement, collaboration and consultation
Perhaps the most important reason to become a member is to meaningfully support a network committed to effective and equitable social policies to improve the work and family lives of those around the world.
Please take a few moments to visit the WFRN’s website and our membership page. We would be delighted to have you join our efforts by becoming a member!