The WFRN helps scholars, across all career stages, connect with others with shared research interests. One way we do this is by organizing Networking Dinners at the Biennial Conference. At these events, members of the WFRN community are formed into small groups of approximately 6 individuals and meet at restaurants for conversation and enjoyment.
This year Networking Dinners are scheduled for 7pm Friday June 21, 2024 with parties meeting at venues of their own choosing. The WFRN will post a number of dining options that are walking distance from Concordia University (455 Blvd. De Maisonneuve Ouest) and the conference hotel Le Sheraton (1201 Boul. René-Lévesque O).
To attend a Networking Dinner, you must register your interest no later than May 1, 2024 (see link below).
As you complete the survey, you will be asked which group you would like to join. We ask that you also consider volunteering to be the group leader, whose responsibilities are to:
- Contact your assigned dinner group, identify yourself as the leader.
- Propose a venue to your dinner group, being considerate of price and distance from the conference and hotel venues. The venue you propose does not need to be on the list provided on the WFRN website. Those are only suggestions.
- Secure a reservation at the venue for 7pm Friday June 21, 2024. Please do not make the reservation in the name of the WFRN as that might lead to confusion if other groups also make reservations at that same venue.
- Communicate with your group on where and when to meet, logistics of getting to the venue, and your contact information.
- Represent your dinner party at the venue and work with servers to provide individual dinner checks to each in your party (so that everyone can get reimbursed by their institutions). Note that the WFRN does not cover dinner expenses.
The WFRN will determine dinner party groups and group leaders. The WFRN will make initial contact with all dinner party members proximate to May 15. At that point, management of the Networking Dinners falls to group leaders, who will contact all in their group and work with their group to identify a preferred restaurant. We advise that reservations be made by June 1, 2024.