Lifetime Award Nomination Procedures
Recipients receive a framed award certificate.
WFRN members in the year the award will be made.
Nominations are directed to the Executive Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org. Recipients are selected by the Executive Committee.
The nomination must contain the following elements:
- A letter of nomination summarizing the nominee’s lifetime contributions to the work-family community.
- The nominee’s vitae
Note – Upon recommendation of the award selection committee, nominations can rolled over, once, for consideration in the next award cycle. Roll over nominations can be updated by the nominator or nominee in advance of the subsequent deliberation.
Recipients will be selected in consideration of the following criteria:
- Volume of contributions in consideration of discipline
- Impact of contributions to the work-family community
- Enduring commitment to the work-family community
Award Nomination and Selection Schedule
- Executive Officer posts call for nominations and applications – June 1 non-conference year.
- Executive Officer posts repeat calls for nominations and applications – Sept 1 and November 1 non-conference year.
- Nominations and application deadline – January 15 conference year.
- Executive Committee selects award recipient – March 15 conference year.
- Executive Officer notifies recipient – April 15 conference year.
- Award is presented in advance of presidential plenary – June conference year.