“An affordable housing assistance program offered by the federal government, either as rental vouchers which can sometimes be used for assisted living housing or as a “project-based Section 8″ which pertains to a specific building.” (Bookman et al., 2007)

Bookman, A., Harrington, M., Pass, L. & Reisner, E. (2007). Family caregiver handbook: Finding elder care resources in Massachusetts. Cambridge, MA: Massachusetts Institute of Technology.