“Housing units that include some basic services such as meals and housekeeping, usually for a fee. These units may exist in a Continuous Care Retirement Community (CCRC) that also has assisted living units and a skilled nursing facility.”

Bookman, A., Harrington, M., Pass, L., & Reisner, E.  (2007). Family caregiver handbook: Finding elder care resources in Massachusetts. Cambridge, MA:  Massachusetts Institute of Technology.